Dolesh Family

Dolesh Family

Thursday, November 29, 2012

I should probably write more often, but it is hard to know what to say, much less what to feel, much much less what to share.  Some days I am excited and other days I wonder what in the world we are doing.  Some days I can't wait, other days I wonder if we can still back out.  And every day I wonder how we will pay for this/him/her.  I wonder how I can love another child as much as I love my biological children.  I wonder if I will regret doing this.  Logically and realistically I know I will come to love this new adopted child equally and completely, and most likely I will wonder how we ever questioned if we should do this or not.  But that is really hard to imagine at this point.  Especially since it seems we are light years away from the final "product", and life is busy enough as it is.  I think going from one child to two I have learned a lot about staying calm amid chaos and even enjoying the happy chaos.  I still don't really know what I want to do with my life, but the one thing I know is this: I like being a mom.  I like being tired at the end of the day from being the best mom that I can be.  That being said- it is time for bed.

Disclaimer:  I have looked at several blogs (some even adoption-specific) lately that are very cute and put-together.  I don't have time for making this look nice, but please imagine some nice backdrops as you are reading and enjoy some ice cream (if you haven't seen forks over knives) while you read.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brad and Katy,

I was thrilled to learn about your adoption when we were back for Thanksgiving. I have been working for Adoption & Beyond for 2 1/2 years now completing home studies and post adoption reports. However, in all of the internation adoptions I have gotten to be a part of, I have never worked with a family adopting from the Congo. I am excited to learn about your experience and this country and follow your journey. Adoption is truly wonderful and amazing, yet albeit scary at times, as there are so many waiting periods and unknowns along the way. May God bless you along this journey to grow your family. Melissa

Katy said...

Thanks Melissa! We have no idea how this is going to go but we are excited. That is so neat that you are working with that company. We had originally started adopting from Ethiopia but the DRC is a little less money, faster, and we only have to make one trip there. We'll keep you updated. Thanks for your kind words! Katy

Robyn said...

I like your disclaimer ;)