Dolesh Family

Dolesh Family

Sunday, March 10, 2013

waiting...

waiting... to get a fingerprinting appointment at an "immigration-approved" office.  that would be helena, montana.  after our fingerprints prove that we are who we say we are then we can officially get on a waiting list for a child.  so more waiting.  meanwhile, working on taxes as fast as i can.  tax time is busy but kids are busier.  i sit my sweet (i can say that because we are related) merritt on the potty and turn around so she can concentrate on the task at hand.  she is distracted very quickly and easily so i try to give her some privacy and quiet.  no luck- i hear her lifting the toilet handle up and down, up and down.  i look in at her and she has completely turned around and has one foot in the toilet.  great.  it must be naptime, right? please?

i am trying to finish a tax return right now but i am having a hard time concentrating.  both kids were up a lot last night- bad dreams, teething, more bad dreams, more teeth, missing mom, wanting to play, etc. surely having a third child will make nights like that nonexistent.  undoubtedly.

merritt has figured out how to throw fits and tantrums quite well already.  (that's my girl!) when stimson did that at a young age i was devastated and embarrassed and wondered how i could already be failing so miserably as a parent.  when merritt rolled around on the floor at the grocery store crying and throwing a fit i took a picture.  must be a second child.

stimson is excited about getting a new brother or sister.  naturally, he is hoping for a brother.  i think he is most excited about the prospect of getting a bunk bed.  there will be more changes for him than just his sleeping arrangements, but at least he has the right perspective.

ok back to taxes and waiting for fingerprinting appointments...
i will try to get brad to write at some point.  he likes to publicly talk about his feelings.  as do all men.

p.s. a few people have told us they actually read this! hello sarah, becca, robyn, becky, and of course, my mom.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

My feelings and thoughts are on the tip of my tongue....coming out on a blog post soon

Katy said...

hooray! i've been waiting 10 1/2 years for this!

Gma and Gpa Dolesh said...

You made me laugh outloud. Taking a picture of the tantrum:) A person does mellow after 2 kids and I'm sure it's even better after the 3rd. Maybe Gpa Jer could start a blog, too, share his thoughts and feelings:)

Charles said...

This made me laugh, too. I think the big difference is that with three you have to go to zone defense rather than man-to-man. (I learned that from Uncle Robbie).
Take it from me (Mom/Nana) I'm sure Merritt is cute even having a tantrum, though I haven't seen one yet.

Charles said...

This made me laugh, too. I think the big difference is that with three you have to go to zone defense rather than man-to-man. (I learned that from Uncle Robbie).
Take it from me (Mom/Nana) I'm sure Merritt is cute even having a tantrum, though I haven't seen one yet.

BowmanFamily said...

That Merritt!! Ha! ;-) I'm excited for you guys for the next waiting period! xo

Sarah said...

Haha! I am reading it! So excited for your next kiddo to come along and love reading the reality of life during your adoption process :)

Sarah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love your blogs! Very interesting and entertaining! Alivia and Merritt are so similar in many ways. Liv will often lie down on the grocery store floor and say "I go night night" and it is always when we are in a hurry and really busy and then when I try to pick her up she goes all noodle on me. Reading other parent's issues with their kids makes you feel like a more normal mom. We are very excited for you guys as things are getting closer!

JR said...

I will come out from blog stalker status... I enjoy reading your blog. Our kiddos are a lot alike - Hyat his pie compared to his sister... Embrie likes to keep us on our toes (to put it mildly)! Three has to be easier right?

Robyn said...

Oh Merritt, you are in the same category as Paige ;) and Malayah too! I can sympathize!!!