Dolesh Family

Dolesh Family

Monday, July 1, 2013

June Cookies and Comments

1. My five year-old has no quiet volume setting nor a fast speed setting.  No matter how hard I try.
(solution: never get in a situation where we have to hurry or be quiet) (reality: maybe 20 years from now)
2. A 15 hour road trip is about 14 hours too long with young kids.
3. A 15 hour road trip actually takes about 30 hours to complete.
4. Stimson aspires to be a perfectionist.
5. Merritt aspires to thwart Stimson's aspirations.
6. I try every day but the house is only getting messier.
7. My "anti-aging" cream can't keep up with my "aging".
8. Merritt's agenda lately is to dismantle the grocery store. (and for some reason the employees don't think it is that cute)
9. My summer reading list has no checkmarks yet.
10. Sitting is the new smoking.

It is hot here.  We have been making these "cookies". No oven required.
They have five ingredients, no cooking, no dairy or wheat or sugar, and we all like them.
original recipe here

Walnut Cookies
2 c walnuts
1 c coconut, shredded, unsweetened
1/4 raw honey
2 pinches sea salt
1 t vanilla

Blend all in a food processor about one minute until smooth.  Smash into little balls and put on parchment paper.  Flatten and keep in the freezer until ready to eat.  They get soft fast.




1 comment:

Robyn said...

Katy, I love reading your posts. Makes me miss you though :( wish we were raising our kids closer than we are now....I think they would all have fun hanging out ;)